Tuesday, January 14, 2014

My Labeling Essentials


Today I am taking a little departure from showing you an organized space or room.  Instead, I wanted to tell you about the labeling items that are essential to my organization and how I store them.  A few months ago, I became frustrated with not being able to find labels that I had printed out.  I needed a solution for all of my labeling essentials ASAP.  I picked up a plastic caddy from Walmart and naturally labeled it my "Labeling Caddy."



I gathered all of my labeling goodies including, but not limited to, tons of Martha Stewart labels (my favorite!), Brother P-Touch tape refills, double sided tape, velcro, mounting tape, string, tags, chalkboard cards, chalk markers, mini clothespins and fun-tak.  








Everything fit perfectly into the caddy and the caddy fits perfectly in the cabinet under my "desk" in our kitchen.  I plan to write a post about my kitchen desk area, but I will wait until I have it organized more to my liking.  



Also essential to my labeling, are my two Brother P-Touch label machines.  I am in love with these gadgets!  I bought them both at Staples during label maker sales.  In the cabinet they sit next to two small bins with a few other labeling/office supplies.  



I often use my laminator for labeling as well.  It also has a spot in this cabinet.  I keep all of my laminating sheets in a magazine file along with CD/DVD labels, larger Avery labels, return address  labels and labels that I have previously printed from the Internet.  



For Christmas, my wonderful mother bought me a Silhouette Cameo!  Awesome, but what exactly is that, you ask.  It is an electronic cutting machine.  It can do so much in the way of arts and crafts, paper crafting, custom apparel, vinyl decor, scrapbook layouts and what else, customized labels!  Yay!  It will be a long while before I use this baby to its full potential, but the first thing I plan to do is whip up some vinyl labels for bins, etc.  I am beyond excited!  


That about sums up my labeling essentials!  I couldn't be completely organized without them!  



Linking up to these amazing blogs!

7 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a labeling caddy! And yay for getting a Silhouette Cameo, I've had my eye on one of those forever. I'm so going to steal your idea to have a labeling caddy, thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. super organized! What a great idea to have everything stored together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The label caddy definitely helps in {getting} super organized! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. I can see a little caddy being added to today's shopping list. Will give me something to look forward to while I am school shoe shopping!
    Just found your blog from Org Junkie's Friday Favourites - off to have a look around. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I hope you found a caddy on your shopping trip!

      Delete
  4. Love this idea. I'm going to repurpose a caddy I have in my cleaning supply closet (not being used). It is white/frost color. Thank you so much for the idea. I need to get it all together. I'm always reaching for labeling goodies and they are in my office or scrapbook room. Awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like: