Friday, December 13, 2013

Quick Fix Friday - Children's Books

I have long debated what to do with all of our children's books.  There are so many great ideas out in the blog world.  But all along, the answer for our family was pretty simple.  We have a wall of bookshelves in our living room (again, an idea taken right off of my first blog obsession, I Heart Organizing), and what better thing to put on it than books, right?  We read to the kids in the living room and they play in here all of the time.  The books live here along with toys that make their way in from our playroom in the sunroom, the video game systems and our DVDs.


To organize the books, we simply lined them up by the color of their spines.  We put most of the paperback books into magazine files just to keep them better protected.  The small board books went into a basket and the tiny board books went into a small round tin.  It's super easy for the kids to put the books away in the right place because they just have to stick them in with the correct color and that's it!  No alphabetizing, lining them up smallest to largest, etc.  It's been working perfectly!












Linking up to these amazing blogs!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley! I LOVE the wall unit you have shown in this post. I was just telling my husband that I would like to get one that takes up more of our wall in our living room to organize our things better. Can I ask where you purchased yours? I just started following your blog after seeing your command center at A Bow Full of Lemons! I am a newbie to the blogging world and still working on my blog but you can check me out at http://www.dabblingmomma.blogspot.com/ Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susen! My wall unit is 6 Billy bookshelves from IKEA. Welcome to the blogging world! I am very new to it myself! Good luck! :)

      Delete

You might also like: